Glossary of Roulette Terms: Types of Roulette
• American Roulette has a single zero and double zero slot.
• European Roulette has a single zero slot only.
Glossary of Roulette Terms: Elements
• The Ball – The small white ball which is spun counter-clockwise into the wheel to eventually finish up in a number pocket of the wheel and produce the outcome of the round.
• The Chips are the discs you use to place your bets.
• The Dealer is the person who is in charge of the game; they collect the bets, spin the wheel and pay out winnings. Croupier is the French name for roulette dealer.
• The House Edge is the advantage casinos have over their players in certain bets.
• Odds are your chances of winning.
• A Wager is another name for a bet
• The Wheel is the roulette wheel which the white ball is spun in.
Glossary of Roulette Terms: Betting Systems
• When using the Cancellation System you cancel numbers when you win a bet and add numbers when you lose a bet.
• The Cuban Betting System dictates that you place one bet on the 3rd column and one on black.
• The d’Alembert Betting System is created around the thought that nature seeks equilibrium.
• The Fibonacci System is a very old progressive betting system which is set around a certain number sequence.
• When you use the Grind System you increase your bet by 1 unit every time you win a bet.
• The La Bouchere Betting System advises you to choose a sequence of numbers & then bet the same amount as the first and the last number that appears in the sequence.
• The Martingale System is a very popular system where you would double your bet every time you lose a bet.
• When using the Oscars Grind System you bet the same amount every time you lose and you increase your bet by one unit every time you win.
Glossary of Roulette Terms: Types of Bets
When you place a:
• Basket Bet, you place a bet on the 1st row of numbers, which include both single & double zeros.
• Black Bet, you bet that the ball will land on a black slot.
• Column Bet, you bet on 1 of the roulette table’s 3 columns.
• Combination Bet, you place more than one bet per spin.
• Corner or Square Bet, your bet covers 4 joined numbers.
• Dozen Bet, you bet on 1 of the 12 parts of numbers.
• Even Bet, you bet that the ball will land on an even number.
• High Bet, that the ball will land on a number between 19 and 36
• Inside Bet, you bet on one of the central numbers.
• Line Bet, you on 2 rows of 3 numbers, so 6 numbers in total.
• Low Bet, you bet that the ball will land on a number between 1 and 18.
• Odd Bet, you bet that the ball will land on an odd number.
• Red Bet, you bet that the next number will be red.
• Straight Bet, you place a bet on one number.